Borlag (Борлаг) is one of concentration camps of Gilag, where the Soviet slaves are forced to dig Uranium in since 1949. The preliminary version of this article is loaded as copypast from Wikimapia (search for Мраморное ущелье) 
Coordinates: 56.913, 117.717
Borsky ITL - Borlag GULAG - uranium mines Zabaikalye
Borsky re-education camps, the camp of the General Directorate of Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR was organized by order of Ministry of Internal Affairs of 10 February 1949. He supplied labor Ermakovskomu lead mine. First head office at Sovnarkome the USSR (since 1953 - the Ministry of medium machine-building, the famous Sredmash). «Lead» in this case - cover virtually the same mine was lead extraction, primary processing and shipment of uranium raw materials for more land - in the «Chelyabinsk-40» (now ON «Mayak»).
Center Camps - Sinelga village (20 km west of the district center of wizardry). Its main offices are in the camp, paragraphs number 1 (Hill), № 2 (Marble-key), № 3 (pine forest, Sinelga), № 4 (subsistence farming, the valley of the Middle Sakukana), № 5 (camp), № 6 (Metelny ), № 7 (Mogocha), № 8, № 9 (Upper Ukokan - so to speak in the archive, but apparently refers to the Upper Sakukane), № 10 (Syulban). Until now, the exact location of the camp unknown number of items number 5, 6 and 8.
In 1949, in the Marble Valley started mine, but it opened near the village Marble. But the preparatory work had been before. The first date that could be found that in 1940 - to mark the progress of geodetic column on the right bank of the stream of Marmara. The second date - in 1942 - is marked on the column power lines and communications. In addition to the Marble is a large village Sinilga length of several kilometers and is situated between the river and the sands Charskimi Upper Sakukan, arranged zimnik «Marble - stalemate - Mogocha». The military commandant of the road was Puzienko Yuri Semenovich (now lives in Kiev).
The mine was in the canyon wall at a fairly high altitude in the foot - a tent village in barbed wire.
There were prisoners, some of them of Caucasian nationalities with «document»: «a political exile, renegade homeland during the Great Patriotic War» and last name.
In addition to civilian prisoners worked, as well as engineers, administration, internal forces deployed to protect.
The camp was closed in autumn 1951, the cause - the elimination of Ermakovskogo mine, as not true projected reserves of uranium raw materials for Chitinskaya North and identified have been exhausted.
Marble Canyon was named because there are a lot of different shades of marble. It is located on the northern slope of Srednesakukanskogo ridge in the Central Kodare connects to the valley of the Middle Sakukan. From the canyon the creek flows Marble - is right tributary rivers average Sakukan, he length of five kilometers.
www.sdauria.ru / mramor.html
"Four hundred prisoners, as Burlaka, carried on the sledge Evenki canvas tents, shovels, sleeping bags, food ... they were not dressed for the season. ... Some without gloves We were walking slowly, his feet тонули in the snow, the cold was worse than any enemy .. . On the third night, somewhere in the region of the Middle Calar young prisoner sitting at a fire, cried out, lifted up his hands and ... died. fingers he was white ... Because of malnutrition, the prisoners loose, and has not come yet seven people. froze. All they have to lie, cover only the snow. On the eighth day of the surviving half of the abandoned mine was from frostbite, and the rest - with catarrhal diseases. EM Malkova
"- And we, the prisoners all the time and lived in huge tents. In wooden barracks was the only brass lagpunkta and security.
- Clauses have been cruel, and through a hole in the canvas roof of visible stars ... We were decently - for two thousand rubles ... But out of the Marble Gorge prohibited. It was impossible to approach the camp area. While in the tunnel the prisoners to work without protection.
- Do you communicate with them?
- Of course ... Basically, there are enormous political timing. I remember a young guy with the Moscow plant "Serp i Molot." He gave 25 years for the fact that he is somewhere that is not said. Were ex-serviceman ... Were vlasovtsy. But in the usual sense was not common criminals. And with most of the prisoners we have excellent relations. Enemies of the people we have not considered. I remember how during the celebration of New Year's foreman from the two broke into our tent and feverishly began to miss the table with snacks and vodka. Following them came Guard. Wizards rose to the protection of refugees. But one of the guards gave a PPSha automatic turn around our feet, and immediately sobered us ...
- Did you know that extracted uranium?
- No. And in the formulation, there was no forced ventilation. Worked in edkoy dust. Almost everything was done manually. Terms severe. When not to implement the plan started, we were forced to work day. Three to four shifts in succession. Do not leave the tunnel. But sleep is like ... So we are not considerations that do fall on those piles of ore, and sleeping directly on them. We are then told that produces lead ... All were classified. I, for one, so did not see how sending uranium from the rock ... But remember, that was a lot of waste rock. Very much. Soon, virtually all of that acquired, went to dump. "Memoirs of civilian IE tow (Oleg Neco" bomb Beriah).
2012.06.25. http://sibirica.su/glava-pervaya/tayna-mramornogo-uschelya-sekretniy-uranoviy-lager Олег Нехаев. Тайна Мраморного ущелья. Секретный урановый лагерь. 25.06.2012 14:30.. Мраморное ущелье. Такое название получило зловещее место в Восточной Сибири, непосредственно связаннное с историей создания первых советских атомных бомб. Организованный здесь лагерь заключенных существовал под грифом высшей секретности.// И даже когда, спустя несколько десятилетий, спецслужбы США опубликовали разведданные по местам добычи урана – Мраморного на их карте не оказалось. Поговаривали, что урановый рудник взорвали вместе с работавшими здесь заключенными. ..