Several authors indicate that the scale of contamination due to the Fukushima disaster (2011, March) approaches that of the Chernobyl disaster (1976, April-May)  or even exceeds it . On the other hand, there is serious difference between these two catastrophes: in the case of Chernobyl, the suicide liquidators were ordered to load the dispersed active element back into the nuclear chimney, enabling the burning of the most of the nuclear fuel into the atmosphere and contamination of the wide territory. (Thousands of square kilometers of the land become unusable for the most of kinds of human activity.) In the case of Fukushima, contrary, the nuclear fuel remans confined in the containment vessels. Therefore the contamination due to Fukushima should be orders of magnitude smaller . The analysis of the origin of such a discrepancy makes the matter of this letter.
After my letter to the Tenno Akihito, some information was released at the Mainichi site  (See also ). I approximated the data from Mainnichi  with the simple elementary function; the result is shown in fugue at right. The main trend (from the NE to SW) forced me to look to the NE from the contaminated region; there is Onagawa nuclear plant there . March 13, the jump of the radiation was detected there ; however, no serious destructions of the Onagawa's reactors were reported.
I continued to look North–East from the map shown, following the main trace of the contamination in my fit. The trace covers the epicenter of the Earthquake of 2011 March 11, id est, 38.322°N, 142.369°E (see ). Then, the trend goes through the island Shikotan http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.825,146.749&z=18 ; the satellite figure shows the structures which could be the water-withdrawal and water-release systems. (To me, the structure look similar to the structures at http://maps.google.com/maps?f&q=46.6468,-119.5987&z=15 in the USA.) Not every water–release means the drop of the cooling water from the nuclear reactor-breeder and the waste storage, and not every rectangular structure means the nuclear-waste deposit pool; perhaps, the satellite view is not sufficient for the identification even by a specialist. But I could not find any site of the industry located at the Shikotan. (Shikotan was occupied by the Soviet Veterans in 1945 and since that time remains disputed territory).
I would be glad to get an evidence, that the events above are just occasional coincidences. The Shikotan facilities may be an important part of the Russian strategic project. The Russian nuclear doctrine (about initiative in the application of the nuclear weapon)  accepted in 2010 and the fortification of the Kuri islands  add two confirming details to the hypothesis, that the most of contamination registered a the West coast of the USA is result of the application of the Russian nuclear weapon.
Sergej Kirienko (Head of the Russian nuclear project) made a very pessimistic forecast about nuclear contamination from Fukushima  making an impression, that namely "Rosatom" have facilities to scale up the Japanese disaster to any level they want. This impression is confirmed by the statements of the pope of the Russian Orthodox church A.Shumskij . The statements by the Russian prepresentatives express the menace; such menaces are in good agreement with the hypothesis suggested.
In order to negate or to confirm the hypothesis above, it would be good to measure the level of the radioactive contamination in the region to the North–East from Hokkaido, and, especially, around the point with geographic coordinates \(\alpha=43.825\)degree, \(\delta=146.749\)degree.
2011 April, Dmitrii Kouznetsov.
copypasted from http://mizugadro.mydns.jp/a/index.php/Who_contaminates_Japan%3F_(Kouznetsov)
- http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=37869&Cat=9&dt=3/24/2011 Praful Bidwai. Lessons from Fukushima. Thursday, March 24, 2011.
- http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20285-fukushima-radioactive-fallout-nears-chernobyl-levels.html Debora MacKenzie. Fukushima radioactive fallout nears Chernobyl levels. 17:14 24 March 2011. Japan's damaged nuclear plant in Fukushima has been emitting radioactive iodine and caesium at levels approaching those seen in the aftermath of the Chernobyl accident in 1986. Austrian researchers have used a worldwide network of radiation detectors – designed to spot clandestine nuclear bomb tests – to show that iodine-131 is being released at daily levels 73 per cent of those seen after the 1986 disaster. The daily amount of caesium-137 released from Fukushima Daiichi is around 60 per cent of the amount released from Chernobyl..//.. The difference between this accident and Chernobyl, they say, is that at Chernobyl a huge fire released large amounts of many radioactive materials, including fuel particles, in smoke. At Fukushima Daiichi, only the volatile elements, such as iodine and caesium, are bubbling off the damaged fuel. But these substances could nevertheless pose a significant health risk outside the plant.
- http://www.themoneyparty.org/main/?p=1519 Michael Collins. “Fukushima radioactive fallout nears Chernobyl levels”. 2011 March 25. There are two major differences between Chernobyl and Fukushima. The Chernobyl disaster began with an explosion. Fukushima is a smoldering cauldron of toxins. Chernobyl had 180 tonnes of nuclear fuel on site. Fukushima has 1700 tonnes. This isn’t the beginning of the end as hoped, it’s looking like the end of the beginning.
- http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=126888 Russian Expert: Fukushima Disaster Greater Than Chernobyl World | April 2, 2011, Saturday ...A Russian nuclear expert has stated that the crisis situation in Fukushima is much worse than that in Chernobyl and might lead to a change in the scale for measuring nuclear emergencies. // "The crisis in Japan will cost a lot more than Chernobyl in terms of economic and human losses," according to nuclear engineer Nataliya Mironova, who is a leading figure in Russia in the field... (In Russian)
- http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/04/07/idINIndia-56176220110407 Japan's nuclear crisis. Thu Apr 7, 2011 8:41am IST. The head of a U.N. Scientific body says the situation at the plant is not expected to have any serious impact on people's health. Data shows much lower levels of iodine than in the 1986 nuclear accident at Chernobyl in Ukraine...
- http://mainichi.jp/select/weathernews/news/images/20110323k0000m040088000p_size8.jpg Map of contamination for 2011 March 14 - March 21, (In Japanese)
- http://www.mext.go.jp/component/a_menu/other/detail/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2011/03/17/1303724_6_3.pdf Table of contamination for 2011 March 16 and March 17 (In Japanese).
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtYq70-71RI Emergency at Onagawa nuclear plant, radiation 700 times over normal. 2011 Mar 14 2011.
- http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/2011/usc0001xgp/ Magnitude 9.0 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN. 2011 March 11 05:46:23 UTC
- http://news.kremlin.ru/ref_notes/461 Военная доктрина Российской Федерации. 5 февраля 2010 года. Российская Федерация оставляет за собой право применить ядерное оружие в ответ на применение против нее и (или) ее союзников ядерного и других видов оружия массового поражения, а также в случае агрессии против Российской Федерации с применением обычного оружия, когда под угрозу поставлено само существование государства. (in Russian)
- http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20110215/162608640.html Sergey Razbakov, Sergey Beznosov. Russia to deploy modern missile defense systems on disputed Kuril islands. 15/02/211. Moscow will deploy reinforcements to include short- and long-range air defense missile systems including the latest S-400 Triumf system to the southern Kuril Islands to protect Russia's sovereignty in the Far East, a high-ranking official in the General Staff of the armed forces said on Tuesday.
- http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110216/162637436.html Ilya Kramnik. Kuril Islands dispute: S-400 missiles on Russia's Kuril Islands 'overkill'. 16/02/2011.
- http://rus.ruvr.ru/2011/03/18/47628439.html Сергей Кириенко. Трагедия на японской АЭС Фукусима неизбежна. 18.03.2011, 18:16. Японские ликвидаторы, охлаждающие реакторы японской АЭС "Фукусима-1", лишь сдерживают темпы ухудшения ситуации, но не могут остановить ее развитие, заявил глава "Росатома" Сергей Кириенко на заседании Совбеза. (in Russian)
- http://www.ruskline.ru/news_rl/2011/03/14/konec_yaponskogo_chuda/ Иерей Александр Шумский. Конец «японского чуда». 14.03.2011. ... Практически все русские люди, в один голос, не сговариваясь, утверждают, что страшный природный катаклизм в Японии есть возмездие этой стране за оскорбление нашего Отечества.... подобная катастрофа и даже ещё более страшная в любой момент может произойти снова... ...мне совсем не жаль Японию, показавшую нам предельную степень своей враждебности....(In Russian)
Russian version of this text: Кто радиоактивит