Name JapanPi is chosen for the following reasons:
2. These characters look similar to the Greek letter \(\pi\). If some of characters of JapanPi appears in a math formula, it is definitely interpreted as the Greek letter "pi".
At combining of two words to the single term, the second word is capitalized in order to simplify the visual separation of the term to the two parts.
Note, that the Greek letters \(\pi\), \(\mathrm \pi\),
X03C0 π 
X03D6 ϖ  (partially supported at Mac),
X1D6D1 𝛑  (looks different at Macintosh and at Linux)
that gave hint to name of set JapanPi, are not used in Japanese language.
So, by the definition in the preamble, these Greek letters are not included into set JapanPi.
However, these Greek letters are also very difficult; not only humans, but also the software confuse them. The confusions with Greek letters may be described separately in Future (as soon as the Editor meets the need to deal with the Greek symbols outside of math formulas), but they fall out from the scope of this article.
Pictures of characters JapanPi depend on the software used.
At your computer, the JapanPi characters look in this way (enlarged):
At Macintosh, they look this way:
At Linux, they look this way:
Up to year 2021, yet, no standard is established
to make each character to look the same at different computers,
but provide surely visible difference between different characters.
While such a standard is not established, term JapanPi (or its equivalent) is necessary to avoid (or, at least, to mitigate) the confusions.
Phonetic and semantic
In particular, these characters may be pronounced as コツ and refer to somethint high, lofty, bald, dangerous.
- https://jisho.org/search/%E5%85%80%20%23kanji https://jisho.org/search/兀%20%23kanji 兀 3 strokes Radical: legs 儿 Parts: 一 儿 high & level, lofty, bald, dangerous On: コツ Words starting with 兀 Words ending with 兀 Words containing 兀 External links Stroke order On reading compounds 兀然 【コツゼン】 towering, standing motionlessly, still 兀立 【コツリツ】 towering, standing motionlessly 突兀 【トッコツ】 lofty, soaring, towering, precipitous, high and steep, sharply sticking out, jutting upward
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=2E8E ⺎ 2E8E CJK RADICAL LAME ONE Han Script id: allowed confuse: 兀 , 兀
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=5140 兀 5140 CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-5140 Han Script id: restricted confuse: 兀 , ⺎
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=FA0C 兀 FA0C CJK COMPATIBILITY IDEOGRAPH-FA0C Han Script id: allowed confuse: 兀 , ⺎ ..
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/兀 .. Japanese Kanji See also: Category:Japanese terms spelled with 兀 兀 (uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji) bald become baldReadings On (unclassified): こつ (kotsu); ごつ (gotsu) Kun: たかい (takai, 兀い); はげる (hageru); あしきる (ashikiru) Nanori: たかし (takashi) ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=03c0 π 03C0 GREEK SMALL LETTER PI Greek Script id: restricted confuse: 𝞏 , 𝛑 , ᴨ , 𝝅 , 𝜋 , 𝟉 , 𝝿 , ϖ , 𝛡 , 𝝕 , ℼ , 𝜛 , 𝞹 , п
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=03d6 ϖ 03D6 GREEK PI SYMBOL Greek Script id: allowed confuse: π , 𝞏 , 𝛑 , ᴨ , 𝝅 , 𝜋 , 𝟉 , 𝝿 , 𝛡 , 𝝕 , ℼ , 𝜛 , 𝞹 , п
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=1d6d1 𝛑 1D6D1 MATHEMATICAL BOLD SMALL PI Lowercase Letter id: allowed confuse: π , 𝞏 , ᴨ , 𝝅 , 𝜋 , 𝟉 , 𝝿 , ϖ , 𝛡 , 𝝕 , ℼ , 𝜛 , 𝞹 , п ..