Frauds at the construction of the olympic buildings
It is estimated that \(\\)10^9\( are stolen by the organizers with the messy frauds at the construction of the olympic buildings .
In particular, the bringing of "olympic fire" seem to meet difficulties due to the expensive, but not efficient design.
In connection with violation of human rights in Russia, the question about moral aspect of participation in the Sochi games is discussed .
2016.05.13, REBECCA R. RUIZ and MICHAEL SCHWIRTZ indicate that the director of the country’s antidoping laboratory, Grigory Rodchenkov, who ran the laboratory that handled testing for thousands of Olympians, said he developed a three-drug cocktail of banned substances that he mixed with liquor and provided to dozens of Russian athletes, helping to facilitate one of the most elaborate — and successful — doping ploys in sports history. .
- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10090245/Billions-missing-from-Sochi-2014-Winter-Olympics-fund.html By AFP9:27PM BST 30 May 2013. 'Billions missing from Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics fund'. The Russian government and its allied tycoons have been accused by a renowned Kremlin critic of stealing billions of dollars assigned for construction of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Boris Nemtsov, an opposition leader and former top cabinet member, and his report's co-author Leonid Martynyuk - a member of the anti-Kremlin Solidarity movement - said up to dollaR30 billion (£19 billion)of the estimated dollaR50 billion assigned to the Games has gone missing.
- http://www.news.at/a/sotschi-korruption-milliarden-unterschlagen-winterspiele 2014Freitag, 31. Mai 2013 von apa/red - 07. Korruptions-Gold an Russland. In Olympische Winterspiele 50 Milliarden Dollar investiert - 30 Milliarden unterschlagen.
- http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/30/us-olympics-sochi-corruption-idUSBRE94T0RU20130530 Alissa de Carbonnel. Billions stolen in Sochi Olympics preparations- Russian opposition. MOSCOW | Thu May 30, 2013 2:07pm EDT (Reuters) - Russian businessmen and officials close to President Vladimir Putin have stolen up to dollaR30 billion from funds intended for preparations for next year's Sochi Winter Olympics, according to a report released on Thursday by opposition leaders.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22720228 Sochi Olympics a 'monstrous scam' - Russian opposition. 30 May 2013 Last updated at 18:42 GMT. Boris Nemtsov also says the Sochi Olympics is damaging for the local ecosystem. As much as dollaR30bn (£20bn) has been stolen in preparations for next year's Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russian opposition leaders say.
- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2333709/Putins-friends-accused-stealing-30billion-Russian-Winter-Olympics.html Putin's 'friends' accused of stealing dollaR30billion from the 2014 Russian Winter Olympics 07:51 GMT, 31 May 2013.
- http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/olympics/article3778871.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_05_30 Roger Boyes Diplomatic Editor. Putin’s crown jewel is ‘most corrupt Olympics in history’. Published at 12:01AM, May 31 2013
- http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/russland-kostenexplosion-bei-olympischen-winterspielen-in-sotschi-a-902977.html Von Benjamin Bidder. Olympia-Korruption: Putins teurer Winterspaß. REUTERS. Freitag, 31.05.2013 – 12:20 Uhr. Es ist das größte Prestigeprojekt des Kreml - und die Kosten explodieren: Bis zu 30 Milliarden Dollar sind bei den Vorbereitungen zu den Olympischen Winterspielen in Sotschi versickert, schätzt die russische Opposition. Jugendfreunde von Präsident Putin freuen sich über fette Aufträge.
- http://solidarnost-lj.livejournal.com/2765878.html Леонид Мартынюк (leonid_martinyk). Around the world. 2013-06-04 14:16:00.
- http://www.handelsblatt.com/http://www.handelsblatt.com/sport/sonstige-sportarten/sotschi-2014-putin-seine-freunde-und-gestohlene-olympia-milliarden/8279362.htmlsport/sonstige-sportarten/sotschi-2014-putin-seine-freunde-und-gestohlene-olympia-milliarden/8279362.html Putin, seine Freunde und gestohlene Olympia-Milliarden. 31.05.2013, 01:40 Uhr. Die Olympischen Winterspiele nächstes Jahr dürften die teuersten der Geschichte werden. Nun behauptet ein Oppositioneller zu wissen, wo die Milliarden hingeflossen sind: In die Taschen von Putin und seinen Kontakten. .. MoskauBei dem Bau der Sportanlagen für die Olympischen Winterspiele 2014 in Sotschi sind laut einem russischen Oppositionellen Milliarden Dollar gestohlen worden. Der Oppositionsführer Boris Nemtsow und der Regierungskritiker Leonid Martynjuk schrieben in einem am Freitag veröffentlichten Bericht, umgerechnet 19 bis 23 Milliarden Euro der für die Baumaßnahmen veranschlagten rund 39 Milliarden Euro seien von Präsident Wladimir Putin und ihm nahestehenden Geschäftsleuten veruntreut worden.
- http://www.ilmondo.it/esteri/2013-05-30/olimpiadi-sochi-2014-truffa-mostruosa-scomparsi-30-mld-usd_265494.shtml Olimpiadi/ Sochi 2014, "truffa mostruosa", scomparsi 30 mld usdL'accusa di Boris Nemtsov e Leonid Martynyuk, oppositori Putin. L MONDO / esteri / 30 Maggio 2013. Mosca, 30 mag. Un noto oppositore del governo russo lo ha accusato di aver rubato decine di miliardi di dollari assegnati a Mosca per l'organizzazione delle Olimpiadi invernali di Sochi nel 2014.
- http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10887656 Olympics: Sochi officials accused of stealing billions. 1:37 PM Friday May 31, 2013. Boris Nemtsov, a former Russian deputy prime minister-turned-Kremlin critic, and an associate said in a report released Thursday that up to dollaRUS30 billion (dollaRNZ37b) was stolen in the run-up to the games in the southern Russian city.
- http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/story/2013/05/30/sp-sochi-games-kremlin-putin-.html Sochi Games run-up a hotbed of corruption: Kremlin critic. Report slams 4-fold increase in cost of Games The Associated Press Posted: May 30, 2013 11:35 AM ET Last Updated: May 30, 2013 3:23 PM ET "'I don't recall an Olympics without corruption. It's not an excuse, obviously, and I'm very sorry about it, but there might be corruption in this country, there was corruption before. I hope we find ways around that.' —Former Olympic champ, current IOC member Jean-Claude Killy" .. Russian officials have filed numerous charges against officials at the state contractor Olympstroi and their sub-contractors. None of them has ever yet resulted in charges or a trial.
- http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/05/2013530161034481208.html Up to dollaR30bn 'stolen' from Sochi Olympic funds. Putin opponents claim Russian business people and officials have siphoned billions intended to fund 2014 Winter Games. Last Modified: 30 May 2013 18:38. .. Putin, who has staked his reputation on a successful Games, faces criticism over allegations of corruption and costs overruns that have pushed up the price tag for the event to dollaR50bn - five times more than initially planned. ..
- http://bigstory.ap.org/article/russian-critic-wide-corruption-sochi-games NATALIYA VASILYEVA. RUSSIAN CRITIC: WIDE CORRUPTION AT SOCHI GAMES — May. 30 1:20 PM EDT. Boris Nemtsov, a former Russian deputy prime minister-turned-Kremlin critic, and an associate said in a report released Thursday that up to dollaR30 billion was stolen in the run-up to the games in the southern Russian city. // Russia had originally announced in 2007 that the 2014 games would cost about dollaR12 billion. Within six years, that estimate went up to dollaR51 billion, making Sochi the most expensive Olympics in history, winter or summer. In contrast, the 2012 London Summer Olympics cost dollaR14.3 billion.
- http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russian-opposition-figure-claims-multibillion-dollar-corruption-at-2014-winter-games-in-sochi/2013/05/30/8f86a656-c92b-11e2-9cd9-3b9a22a4000a_story.html Russian opposition figure claims up to dollaR30 billion in corruption at 2014 Winter Games in Sochi. Boris Nemtsov, a former Russian deputy prime minister-turned-Kremlin critic, and an associate said in a report released Thursday that up to dollaR30 billion was stolen in the run-up to the games in the southern Russian city. 2013 May 30.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwY0oAq2ZeA FOX NEWS. Billions missed. Why? Jun 3, 2013.
- http://www.npr.org/2013/05/31/187459782/kremlin-critic-claims-mass-corruption-ahead-of-2014-olympics RENEE MONTAGNE and COREY FLINTOFF. Kremlin Critic Claims Mass Corruption Ahead Of 2014 Olympics. May 31, 2013 4:00 AM.
- http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/eye-on-sports/22327459/report-30-billion-stolen-during-build-up-to-2014-sochi-olympics Evan Hilbert. Report: \)30 billion stolen during build up to 2014 Sochi Olympics. May 30, 2013 2:19 pm ET "The main conclusion from the first chapter of our report is that, in preparing for the Olympics, \(25 to \)30 billion have been stolen," Nemtsov said, according to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. "The expenses for the Winter Olympics in Sochi turned out to be more than all expenses for all the sports structures at the previous 21 Winter Olympics put together." Nemtsov, who is described as a Russian opposition figure, claims he came up with the monetary amounts by comparing the initial cost estimate (\(12 billion) with the final price tag (\)51 billion).// By contrast, Vancouver spent $6 billion on the winter games in 2010.
- http://news.yahoo.com/billions-stolen-sochi-olympics-preparations-russian-opposition-161609244.html Alissa de Carbonnel. Billions stolen in Sochi Olympics preparations: Russian opposition Reuters – Thu, May 30, 2013
- http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/30/18631119-olympic-sized-corruption-plagues-sochi-winter-games-report-claims?lite&pos=9 Olympic-sized corruption plagues Sochi Winter Games, report claims By Elizabeth Shockman, Denis Dyomkin and Alissa de Carbonnel, Reuters, 2013 May.
- http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/leben/reisen/Subtropische-Winterspiele-/story/20832063 Von Stefan Scholl, Moskau . «Subtropische Winterspiele». Aktualisiert am 02.06.2013 28. Die Olympischen Spiele in Sotschi werden zum finanziellen Desaster. Ausserdem werden sie laut Kritikern auch in anderen Bereichen Negativrekorde aufstellen.
- http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/06/01/world/massive-corruption-at-sochi-olympics-alleged Massive corruption at Sochi Olympics alleged. .. «26 Milliarden Dollar unterschlagen» .. MOSCOW – Russian officials and businessmen have stolen billions of dollars during the years of preparations for the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, a prominent Russian opposition figure claimed Thursday. June 1, 2013.
- http://www.imrussia.org/en/politics/540-games-olympic-and-political Games: Olympic and Political. 27 August 2013. The upcoming Sochi Olympics once again raise the question of the appropriateness of holding international sporting events in authoritarian countries. Author and analyst Alexander Podrabinek recalls the history of Olympic boycotts—which have always drawn irritation from sports officials.
- http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html?_r=0 REBECCA R. RUIZ and MICHAEL SCHWIRTZ. Russian Insider Says State-Run Doping Fueled Olympic Gold. MAY 12, 2016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctkpu8uGu-g#t=599 "Игры Путина" Фрагмент. Nov 28, 2013. (English subtitles)
http://www.businessinsider.com/rob-hornstras-photos-of-sochi-russia-2013-11 HARRISON JACOBS. 2014 Olympic Host City Sochi Is A Strange Place. DEC. 3, 2013, 10:19 AM