Up to year 2021, the computer support of the Japanese characters is underdeveloped. No united default font is established, that would allow each character to look in the same at various computers, but different from other characters.
While this fault is not corrected, the general term JapanBeta has sense.
In each of the specific cases, the confusive character can be specified with its hexadecimal number ( X2ECF or X2ED6 or X961D, or with its ascii name (Kozuto, Kozutohen or Oozuto), or with its phonetic representation through Hiragana (こざと, こざとへん or おおざと).
Up to year 2021, no commonly accepted bijection between these sets of names seem to be established.
Component of other kanjis
Due to the siilarity of the characters of JapanBeta, observing the element of kanji picture, it is not possible to guess, is it X2ECF ⻏ or X2ED6 ⻖ or X961D 阝. The Kanjiaive  suggests the following rule:
Here are some examples:
Most of images of the synonyms do not use ⻏ as element.
The accurate translation to the English of these synonyms is not possible; the translations of these terms look very similar.
The 214 traditional kanji radicals and their variants ..
⻏ つくり Radical on the right village, country, city おおざと a variant of ⾢（むら）..
⻖ へん Radical on the left hill, mound こざとへん a variant of ⾩（こざと）..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=2ECF ⻏ 2ECF CJK RADICAL CITY Han Script id: allowed confuse: ⻖ , 阝 ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=2ED6 ⻖ 2ED6 CJK RADICAL MOUND TWO Han Script id: allowed confuse: 阝 , ⻏ ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=961D 阝 961D CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-961D Han Script id: restricted confuse: ⻖ , ⻏
- https://jisho.org/search/邦%20%23kanji 邦 7 strokes (also 6) Radical: town (阝 right) 邑 (阝) Parts: ノ 二 邦 home country, country, Japan Kun: くに On: ホウ Jōyō kanji, taught in junior high JLPT level N1 654 of 2500 most used kanji in newspapers Words
- https://jisho.org/search/都%20%23kanji 都 11 strokes (also 10) Radical: town (阝 right) 邑 (阝) Parts: 邦 老 日 metropolis, capital, all, everything Kun: みやこ On: ト、 ツ Jōyō kanji, taught in grade 3 JLPT level N3 123 of 2500 most used kanji in newspapers
- https://jisho.org/search/邸%20%23kanji 邸 8 strokes (also 7) Radical: town (阝 right) 邑 (阝) Parts: 邦 氏 residence, mansion Kun: やしき On: テイ Jōyō kanji, taught in junior high JLPT level N1 905 of 2500 most used kanji in newspapers
village; rural community; right-side B rad
- http://www.manythings.org/kanji/d/5e02.htm 市 city city; market シ いち
- http://www.manythings.org/kanji/d/6751.htm 村 village village; town ソン むら
- http://www.manythings.org/kanji/d/753a.htm 町 village village; town; block; street チョウ まち