2011.12.04.Election (2011.12.04.Выборы) to the Russian Parliament is believed to be big fraud of the ruling party edro, which finally was announced to get about 49% of votes. Many sites indicate that the falsification (alteration) of the results took place at all stages of the election process –since the registration of candidates and the electorate till the counting of the ballots and representation of the results. Ruben Enikolopov, Vasily Korovkin, Maria Petrova, Konstantin Sonin and Alexei Zakharov have evaluated the lower estimate of amount of the fake votes to be at least 11 percentage points lower than the official count (36% instead of 47%) .
Fraud at all levels
The frauds were reported at all levels of the election, since the registration of parties until the fake ballots and fake protocols.
At some local committee, not only observers, but even electors were not allowed to enter.
The fraud is so evident, that many Russian citizen think that the announced results do not represent the will of the electorate at all; the most of ballots in favor of the ruling party (edro) seem to be just fake . Some of references on the topic are collected also in the article 2011.12.04.election/chronology.
Scale of the fraud
Among the evidences of the large-scale fraud, the easiest to verify is the result of the preliminary count of votes. While not all ballots were counted, the total amount of votes is supposed to be smaller than 100%, but in several regions it happened to be significantly larger than 100%. In particular, for the Rostov region, the Churov's functionaries reported 146% of votes in total. This is considered as an evidence, that of order of 46% of fake ballots were dropped by the falsifiers in favor of the ruling party. It would not be possible to provide such a huge fraud without the centralized approval; so, one may expect, that the similar persentage of the fake ballots were added in other regions too. This indicates that at the honest election, the edro would count with only 4% of votes instead of 49% reported as the result of the election. This gave hint to the cartoon, where Vladimir Churov proposes the new arithmetics for idiots: from the pessimistic estimate 4% and the more "optimistic" estimate 9%, he makes for the edro the resulting estimate of 49% votes reported.
There are also other estimates suggested, that the only from 20 to 25 percent among the resulting 49 edro's percents are fake . December 5, Dmitrii Medvedev considered the violation of Law at the parliamentary election as no major fraud . Later, December 11, 2011, after to see the worldwide protests against the intents to legalize the break of the elementary rules of arithmetics, Medvedev promised to organize the investigation of the fraud at the election . Several authors consider the statement by Medvedev as a funny joke, because in the same message Medvedev had declared:"I do not agree with any slogans or statements made at the rallies.", while the frequent slogan at the Rallies demands nothing more but "the honest election for Russia".
Databases of the frauds
There is special site Ruelect that offers the database of alteration of the results of the election available in Russian and in English . That table shows that of order of 13% votes are altered at the last stages of the falsification. All the alterations reported are in favor of edro. The estimates show that the official results of the election are completely fake and do not represent the wishes and opinions of the electorate.
The published data allows to reveal some part of the robbery of votes at the last stage of the election; the statistical analysis indicates that many millions of ballots were stolen in order to alter the results in favor of edro. Many evidences indicate to the same point: the election fraud by the edros functionaries and form the strong case .
The obvious fraud at the election caused many protests. In Russia, many meetings for the honest elections were suppressed, of order of 103 protesters were arrested.
The big protest took place 2011.12.10. The wave of demonstrations, pickets and meetings of protests began at Japan and Australia, and, following the daylight, rounded the Earth, finishing at the USA and Canada.
The protesters insist on the release the previously arrested protesters, denunciation of the election fraud, dismission of Vladimir Churov, investigation and punishment of the frauders and the organization of new, honest parliamentary election.
Of order of 105 protesters are reported to assist the meeting at Moscow 2011.12.10. The actual amount is difficult to evaluate, because the "Bolotnaya ploschad" assigned for the meeting by the officials of Moscow happened to be too small for such a huge amount of people; the large region of Moscow was covered with Citizen who had expressed very critical opinions about the honesty of the election, about the head of the Central Election Committee Vladimir Churov, about the ruling party edro and their leader Vladimir Putin. Protesters demanded to denounce the result the election as fake, and to dismiss Vladimir Churov who is believed to organize the fraud and to coordinate the falsifiers.
Meetings at other cities were less numerous compared to that in Moscow, they counted from few participants to few thousand. The links about protests in 142 cities are collected as the interactive map ; new reports about minor pickets at the Russian embassies in various countries are still added.
Due to the internet connection, some of slogans and banners were used at several meetings. Many meetings at foreign countries were located in vicinity of the Russian embassies. The protesters used to stress, that their action is not against the police, and not against the employee of the Embassy, but against the fraud and for the honest election. The description of the protest meeting at Tokyo is available in TORI in the article 2011.12.10 meeting at Tokyo.
Even bigger protests took place 2011.12.24. The meeting at Moscow was authorized by the city administration. . The number of participants is estimated from 30 thousand (the "Churov's estimate") to 140 thousand (the organizer's estimate). In TORI, there is special article 2011.12.24.Митинг (in Russian) about that event. The claims about denouncing of the result of the election, removal of Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Churov and other impostors are formulated in the sharp form.
Critics of the organization of the election
The observers indicate that the severe violations Law took place since the beginning of the election .
The head of the Central electoral commission Vladimir Churov is believed to be one of organizers of the falsification; the dismission is requested . The protesters around the world indicate that the results of the election 2011.12.04 should be qualified as fake and annulled; the elections should be repeated in a honest, prudent way .
The simple and evident observations of the fraud are supported also with the statistical analysis of the published data.
- http://ru-opposition.livejournal.com/6561394.html eriklobakh. 2011 december 5. эти 46% - это то самое, что нарисовали ЕДРу в этой области, а реальный и честный их результат - 12%. (these 46% - it is that was added to edro in that region; the honest their result would be 12% )
- http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/12/19/1206770110.full.pdf Ruben Enikolopov, Vasily Korovkin, Maria Petrova, Konstantin Sonin and Alexei Zakharov. Field experiment estimate of electoral fraud in Russian parliamentary elections. PNAS Early Edition. (2012)
- http://www.izvestia.ru/news/511535 Во Владимире возбудили дела по двум фиктивным избирательным участкам Члены этих УИК «подсчитали» голоса 6 тыс. человек. 11 января 2012, 17:09.</i> 30 ноября 2011 года избирательные комиссии вынесли решения об открытии двух участков для голосования. Участки 452 и 453 появились в административном здании и столовой турбазы «Ладога» во владимирском микрорайоне Коммунар.// Однако в день выборов, 4 декабря, эти участки не открылись — туда не допустили ни избирателей, ни наблюдателей. При этом при подведении итогов выборов были учтены протоколы о 6 тыс. человек, якобы проголосовавших на этих участках.// Дела возбуждены по ст. 142 УК («Фальсификация избирательных документов») и ст. 142-1 («Фальсификация итогов голосования»).// Как объясняет сайт избирательной комиссии Владимирской области, на обоих участках одержала победу «Единая Россия». На участке 452 правящая партия получила 91,86%, за «Справедливую Россию» здесь проголосовали 6,75%, остальные партии удостоились менее 1% голосов избирателей. Похожая ситуация сложилась и на участке 453 — здесь 90,55% получила ЕР, 7,99% — СР. Остальные партии не преодолели однопроцентный барьер. </i> (In Russian)
- http://www.novayagazeta.ru/politics/50009.html «Такого ужаса мы не ожидали!». 11.12.2011.
- http://www.barentsobserver.com/see-map-of-election-violations-in-barents-russia.4996359.html Rights groups and opposition party Yabloko claim that election officials fabricated 20 to 25 percent of United Russia’s votes in the parliamentary election. 2011-12-08.
- http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1205/breaking6.html Reduced majority for Putin. December 5, 2011, 17:57
- http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/12/11/uk-russia-idUKTRE7BA0G520111211 Timothy Heritage. Medvedev orders Russia poll inquiry, gets insults. Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:42pm GMT. President Dmitry Medvedev ordered an investigation on Sunday into allegations of fraud in Russia's parliamentary election, one day after tens of thousands of protesters demanded it be annulled and rerun… "I do not agree with any slogans or statements made at the rallies. Nevertheless, instructions have been given by me to check all information from polling stations regarding compliance with the legislation on elections," Medvedev said in a post on the social media site.
- https://ruelect.com/en/ At 12.25.2011 20:37, it is counted: 33.80% Is the real rating of United Russia at this moment , согласно всем полученным протоколам. +13.87% Has been stolen from other parties by United Russia and the Election Committee according to the protocols.
- http://www.vybory2011.totalh.com/ 14 Декабря 2011 Результаты сравнения итогов голосования, опубликованных городской избирательной комиссией Санкт-Петербурга с данными копий протоколов участковых избирательных комиссий. Выборы депутатов Законодательного Собрания Санкт-Петербурга пятого созыва. Территория №10. Всего участков: 31. Искажено протоколов: 21 (67.7%)...
- http://derjivora.org/ 4 декабря в России прошли выборы в Государственную Думу, а в Петербурге – и в Законодательное собрание города. Миллионы людей пришли на избирательные участки и тысячи – стали наблюдателями и участвовали в работе комиссий. Граждане сделали всё, чтобы выборы прошли честно.// Однако избиркомы всех уровней вместе с некоторыми кандидатами в депутаты и чиновниками организовали беспрецедентные по масштабу фальсификации свободного волеизъявления граждан.. На этом сайте мы выкладываем доказательную базу по каждому выявленному эпизоду подлога или нарушения.
- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203391104577124540544822220.html GREGORY L. WHITE, ROB BARRY. Russia's Dubious Vote. Analysis of Parliamentary Results Points to Widespread Fraud. DECEMBER 28, 2011. Kremlin and United Russia officials have repeatedly denied major vote fraud... Russia's Central Election Commission didn't respond to requests for comment on the statistical analysis. In the past, the agency has said similar studies didn't indicate fraud but simply reflected peculiarities of Russia's electoral culture... The Wall Street Journal designed a computer program to assemble this month's official voting totals from the 95,228 electoral precincts across Russia. A subsequent statistical analysis revealed phenomena that scholars who study vote data say are suggestive of vote-rigging. "These are sometimes called the fingerprints of fraud," said Alberto Simpser, professor of political science at the University of Chicago. "If they all point in the same direction," he said, referring to statistical as well as observer and other evidence, "that's a very strong case."
- http://maps.yandex.ru/?um=RWhMzYXacOxjl1tfovNAJ781J-K9CMzz&ll=12.380034%2C22.455103&spn=1.054688%2C136.054944&z=3&l=map mitingmap. Митинг 10 декабря 2011. Created 2011.12.08 and keeps renewed. Проведение Митингов против фальсификаций выборов 2011, 10 декабря 2011 год если есть замечания пишите в твиттер @shamraychik быстрее изменения внесем.
- http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501714_162-57348200/anti-putin-protests-draw-tens-of-thousands/ Anti-Putin protests draw tens of thousands. December 24, 2011 9:11 PM.
- http://rt.com/politics/elections-violation-sunday-poll-011/ Poll violations: Invisible ink, ballot throw-in, illegal propaganda. 05 December, 2011, 04:15. Already on the day of the election several reports appeared on the internet claiming that violations had taken place at elections, sometimes accompanied by video recordings of the scandals.
- http://www.armtown.com/news/en/a1p/20111210/2011121016/ DEMANDING CHUROV'S RESIGNATION. December 10, 2011. Out of the Russian opposition leaders, Boris Nemtsov has demanded the resignation of President of the Central Electoral Commission Vladimir Churov at Bolotni Square in Moscow.
- http://dagobertobellucci.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/russia-poll-protests-continue-in-russian-regions/ RIA Novosti. RUSSIA – Poll protests continue in Russian regions. 2011.12.11. Authorized and unauthorized protests against alleged electional fraud continued in several Russian cities on Sunday, RIA Novosti correspondents reported. The largest sanctioned rally was held in Perm, a city in the Urals, which gathered some 800 people instead of 300 permitted by the police. Two people were detained. The demonstrators signed a resolution demanding the dismissal of Central Election Commission head Vladimir Churov and the local election commission chief.
- http://pastebin.com/CJ47Aykx WE DEMAND NEW ELECTONS! // RESOLUTION of the General Civil Meeting for Honest Elections// Moscow, 10 December 2011// Participants of the meeting demand:// 1. The immediate release of all political prisoners.// 2. Annulment of the fraudulent election results.// 3. Dismissal of Vladimir Churov [Chairman of the Electoral Commission], an investigation into his activities and into violations and tampering, and the punishment of those responsible.// 4. Registration of opposition parties*, adoption of a democratic legal system for parties and elections.// 5. New, open and honest elections.// *Many opposition parties are currently not allowed to register for spurious reasons, and are therefore unable to participate in elections.
- http://www.kyivpost.com/news/russia/detail/118627/print/ Moscow rally demands new polls, "release of all political prisoners". 2011.12.10. A rally that brought together tens of thousands of people in central Moscow on Saturday demanded the annulment of the official returns of "falsified" parliamentary elections a week ago and "immediate release of all political prisoners.".. The protesters also demanded dismissal of Central Election Chairman Vladimir Churov, investigation of all alleged instances fraud during the elections, punishment of those guilty, registration of opposition parties, revision of legislation on political parties and elections, and new parliamentary elections.
- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/world/europe/russia-election-monitor-denies-fraud-mikhail-gorbachev-calls-for-new-vote.html MICHAEL SCHWIRTZ. Gorbachev Calls for New Vote in Disputed Russian Elections. December 7, 2011
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/pressroom/content/20111214IPR34088/html/Russian-elections-MEPs-call-for-new-free-and-fair-elections Russian elections: MEPs call for new free and fair elections. External relations − 14-12-2011 - 12:58. MEPs welcome the demonstrations in Russia as an expression of the will of the Russian people for more democracy and condemn the crackdown by the police on peaceful demonstrations. Parliament calls for an immediate and full investigation of all reports of fraud and intimidation, and penalties for those found responsible.