Up to year 2021, no general standard for the default fonts of Japanese characters is established. The graphical implementation of character ⺭ depends on the software.
Here is how ⺭ looks at your computer:
In various operational systems, the support of Japanese characters is poorly implemented. In particular, with the default font, the image of ⺭ looks similar to images of other characters.
are easy to confuse.
Even a native Japanese speaker, looking at
is unlikely to answer:
Which of them is X2EAD?
Which of them is X30CD?
Which of them is X793B?
For such a case, the correct specification of a character is
Term JapanNe is suggested for such a case, as a substitute of the (long and complicated) construction above. Such a term has sense until some default font be established, that would allow, in particular, character X2EAD ⺭ to appear the same at various computers, but look different from other characters; in particular, different from ネ and 礻.
altar, festival, religious service
a variant of ⽰（しめす） Important
Here is the description of ⽰ sited:
altar, festival, religious service しめす
- https://kanjialive.com/214-traditional-kanji-radicals/ The 214 traditional kanji radicals and their variants (2021) .. ⺭ へん Radical on the left altar, festival, religious service しめすへん a variant of ⽰（しめす） Important ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=2EAD ⺭ 2EAD CJK RADICAL SPIRIT TWO Han Script id: allowed confuse: 礻 ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=30CD ネ 30CD KATAKANA LETTER NE Katakana Script id: restricted confuse: none
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=793B 礻 793B CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-793B Han Script id: restricted confuse: ⺭ ..
- https://ja.wiktionary.org/wiki/⽰ 示（シ、しめす （偏である場合）示偏（しめすへん、ねへん）） 漢字の部首の一つ。「社」「祓」などの偏である「⺭」「⺬」の部分を指す名称。神や祭祀などに関する漢字の意味を表し、示部を構成。常用漢字では五画。..