Characters of WalkU are highly confusive. Their view depends on the default font of the operational system.
⻌,⻍,⻎,辶,辶 at your computer
Apparently, serious mistakes, bugs, errors in the various softwares take place:
The view of a character at the default font depends on the one operational system, while different characters look the same.
ConfusionJapanese is underdeveloped.
Up to year 2021, there is no united standard for the default font, that would allow each character to look the same at various computers, but different from other characters.
Apparently, the opposite cases take place: the character looks different with the default font of different operational systems, but similar to other characters at the same computer. This causes confuses. In particular, such a confusion takes place with characters of set WalkU. Sometimes, they are considered as equivalent, and sometimes not. 
As some computers, characters
X2ECC ⻌ ,
X2ECD ⻍ ,
X2ECE ⻎ ,
X8FB6 辶 ,
XFA66 辶 look similar (At Macintosh, they look the same).
Even a native Japanese speaker, watching characters ⻌, ⻍, ⻎, 辶, 辶, is unlikely to answer:
Which of them is X2ECC (SIMPLIFIED WALK)?
Which of them is X2ECD (WALK ONE)?
Which of them is X2ECE (WALK TWO)?
Which of them is X8FB6?
Which of them is XFA66?
In such a case, the correct specification of the character is
Term WalkU is defined to substitute this (long and complicated) construction with the single word.
php ud.t 2ECC 2ECD 2ECE 8FB6 FA66
In the most of cases, the difference between these characters is not so important, while the phonetic and semantic properties of these characters are similar.
However, the mistakes appears, when one needs to search for the character, or to replace it through the text, or to perform more complicated operations with the document.
The similarity of kanji may lead to loss of information related to any of WalkU.
In the first semantic and phonetic approximation, all characters of WalkU are considered as equivalent. They can be pronounced as しんにょう or Sjinnyou, meaning go, to walk, to advance (for example, after to be stack in a traffic jam). After replacement of all characters of WalkU to one of these phonetic representation, the mistakes mentioned do not occur.
In order to avoid confusions mentioned above, the special system of notations Tarja is suggested.
Tarja appears as kind of Japanese-English Pidgin. This language is similar to Japanese, but the ambiguous, confusive characters are excluded, substituted with Romanji and/or Hiragana words, basing on the graphic (JapanPi, JapanPsi, SticlPi), phonetic (Tori, Sakana, Chikara) or semantic (for ex.,Vecher) similarity.
Tarja is oriented to reading and analysis of Japanese texts.
First, the characters are translated from Japanese to Tarja. This convention reduces the amount of options to be considered, looking for some meaningful combination of interpetations of each Katakana or Kanji: some katakana look as Kanji, but in Tarja, they appear as ascii or Hiragana. Then, text in Tarja is analyzed and/or (if necessary) translated to other language(s).
Tarja is expected to be useful in analysis of ambiguous Japanese texts: the goal is to reveal the ambiguities, to describe them and avoid them in the meaningful texts.
1. しんにょう. This word is allowed in Japanese.
2. Shinniou. This word is almost half-shorter (8 bytes instead of 15), but in absent in standard Japanese.
3. WalkU; character U may be replaced to 0,1,2,3 or 4.
X2FA1 ⾡ and
look similar; at Macintosh default font, the same picture seems to be assigned to both.
For this reason, each of these two characters is qualified as confuse; they cannot be used in Tarja language.
However, the Romanji Hinnuu and Hiragana しんにゅう are allowed in these meanings.
Each of this word can be pronounced literally and may mean "enter", "advance" or "road", "street".
Use in Japanese
In written Japanese languages of century 21, characters of walkU, by themselves, are not popular.
The image(s) of these characters are used by the font designers to make pictures of other, more complicated and more usual, kanjis. Here are few examples:
The characters above are complicated; they are enlarged in order to allow the visual recognition.
(Over-vice, all of them would look similar to character X2592 ▒.)
Bue even after the endargmenr, it is difficult to say, namely which character of WalkU is used as prototype for the lower-bottom parts of the kanjis mentioned.
More complicated Kanjis mentioned above seem to be more usual, more popular, than simple elements of WalkU; perhaps, due to the confusions mention.
Revealing and analysis of origin of these confusions could be topic for the scientific research.
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=2ECC ⻌ 2ECC CJK RADICAL SIMPLIFIED WALK Han Script id: allowed confuse: 辶 , 辶 , ⻍ ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=2ECD ⻍ 2ECD CJK RADICAL WALK ONE Han Script id: allowed confuse: 辶 , 辶 , ⻌ ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=2ECE ⻎ 2ECE CJK RADICAL WALK TWO Han Script id: allowed confuse: none ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=8FB6 辶 8FB6 CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-8FB6 Han Script id: restricted confuse: 辶 , ⻌ , ⻍ ..
- https://util.unicode.org/UnicodeJsps/character.jsp?a=FA66 辶 FA66 CJK COMPATIBILITY IDEOGRAPH-FA66 Han Script id: allowed confuse: 辶 , ⻌ , ⻍ ..
- In the similar way, term Trillion causes confusion. For example, an offee takes the trillion loan from the government, while the trillion is qualified as 10^18, and then returns the debt assuming that the trillion is only 10^12. The results of such a business is described in article денег нет (in Russian): the offees have collected tons of cash and/or gold in tresories of their castles, but there is no money in Budget for the social programs.
- details. 辵 しんにゅう noun kanji "road" or "advance" radical (radical 162) (see also: 之繞を掛ける) (click the word to view an additional 1 reading and 3 forms, examples and links)
- https://www.kanshudo.com/kanji/辵 辵 means 'move' 辵Animation / stroke order not available. CHALLENGE DRAW Strokes : 7 Radical number: 162 Usefulness: 8 Intermediate lesson: - Beginner lesson: - Begins 0 words Used in 1 word Not used as a component Hyōgaiji (表外字) Additional readings On チャク Variants ⾡ (Chinese) ⻍ (Chinese) ⻎ (Chinese) 辶 ⻌
- https://www.nihongo-pro.com/kanji-pal/kanji/通 通 10 strokes READINGS KUN 訓 とおる とおり とおす とおし かよう ON 音 ツウ ツ STROKE ORDER Stop Pause Previous Stroke Next Stroke Slow Fast Animation data provided by KanjiVG Look up a kanji: Report an issue on this page JLPT Level: JLPT N4 (upper beginner level) Kanken Level: Kanken Level 9 (completion of 2nd grade) Grade: Taught during the 2nd grade in Japan Radical: ⻍(⻌) Radical name: しんにょう Meaning: Traffic, pass through, avenue, commute, counter for letters, notes, documents, etc.
- https://www.nihongo-pro.com/kanji-pal/kanji/連 JLPT Level: JLPT N3 (lower intermediate level) Kanken Level: Kanken Level 7 (completion of 4th grade) Grade: Taught during the 4th grade in Japan Radical: ⻍(⻌) Radical name: しんにょう Meaning: Take along, lead, join, connect, party, gang, clique Usage: Appears very frequently in Japanese newspapers; only about 30 kanji are used more often.
- https://www.nihongo-pro.com/kanji-pal/kanji/進 進 11 strokes READINGS KUN 訓 すすむ すすめる ON 音 シン STROKE ORDER Stop Pause Previous Stroke Next Stroke Slow Fast Animation data provided by KanjiVG Look up a kanji: Report an issue on this page JLPT Level: JLPT N3 (lower intermediate level) Kanken Level: Kanken Level 8 (completion of 3rd grade) Grade: Taught during the 3rd grade in Japan Radical: ⻍(⻌) Radical name: しんにょう Meaning: Advance, proceed, progress, promote Usage: Appears very frequently in Japanese newspapers; only about 150 kanji are used more often.
- 道 12 strokes READINGS KUN 訓 みち ON 音 ドウ トウ STROKE ORDER Stop Pause Previous Stroke Next Stroke Slow Fast Animation data provided by KanjiVG Look up a kanji: Report an issue on this page JLPT Level: JLPT N4 (upper beginner level) Kanken Level: Kanken Level 9 (completion of 2nd grade) Grade: Taught during the 2nd grade in Japan Radical: ⻍(⻌) Radical name: しんにょう Meaning: Road-way, street, district, journey, course, moral, teachings Usage: Appears very frequently in Japanese newspapers; only about 200 kanji are used more often.
- https://www.nihongo-pro.com/kanji-pal/kanji/選 選 15 strokes JLPT Level: JLPT N3 (lower intermediate level) Kanken Level: Kanken Level 7 (completion of 4th grade) Grade: Taught during the 4th grade in Japan Radical: ⻍(⻌) Radical name: しんにょう Meaning: Elect, select, choose, prefer Usage: Appears very frequently in Japanese newspapers; only about 60 kanji are used more often.